DEADLINE: Submit a notice of intent to apply by April 19, 2017
In the FY 2017 AmeriCorps Indian Tribes competition, CNCS seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in:
- Disaster Services – improving community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation
- Economic Opportunity – increasing economic opportunities for communities, specifically opportunity youth (see Glossary), both as the population served and as AmeriCorps members
- Education – improving student academic performance, including subject matter related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM), and/or serving students who attend Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools.
- Healthy Futures – positively impacting behavioral health outcomes and/or increasing the capacity of tribal communities to offer behavioral health prevention and support services
- Veterans and Military Families – positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength. MORE INFORMATION